Currently I am on a cleanse. Well, kind of. I have so much trouble not eating in a day. I do have to say though, that the cleanse has definitely helped to curve my cravings and I’m not constantly searching for food or dessert like I was before. Maybe in the future, I will attempt another proper cleanse or 3 day fast. For now, my goal is to stop eating junk food and bring in more healthy foods into my diet. That’s why I’m meal prepping.
Today’s meal prep is all about dinner. This is quite a simple meal prep actually. It did take a little more effort than the other two meal preps that I did. Which is natural for dinner. You can check out those posts here: BREAKFAST MEAL PREP: Fruit, Granola & Yogurt & LUNCH MEAL PREP: Spinach, Cashews & Blueberry Salad.
I’ve also started to only cook brown rice which is different. It adds a different taste and texture to the meal which is kind of cool. I do want to eventually switch it out for quinoa though. Since another goal of mine is to go back to being Paleo, or maybe I should try another one of those fad diets like Keto or the Mediterranean Diet. We shall see… I haven’t actually ever cooked quinoa before, so that will be interesting. I’ve had it in meals that I have ordered and its always been good. The difficulty with me cooking food is that someone upstairs (i.e. my mom) is also cooking yummy food that’s made with white rice and not necessarily healthy. I am still trying to cut down on eating upstairs and sticking to my own meals, but it’s hard. The smell of good food always gets me.
I have to make sure that what I meal prep, is food that is delicious and that I actually like. Otherwise I’m not going to eat it and I don’t want to waste food. Especially since meal prepping only lasts 4-5 days. This Fried Rice recipe that I’m going to be sharing with you is actually really good. I like looked forward to eating it everyday, so that was a good sign. So, let’s get into the recipe:
Fried Rice Recipe:
- 2 cups of Brown Rice
- Approx. 1/2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Free Range Eggs
- Can of Peas and Carrots
- 1 tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp of Cayenne Powder
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Liquid Soy Seasoning
- Begin by cooking the brown rice according to the directions on the package.
- Add extra virgin olive oil to a warm pan. I like to cook at a low temperature slowly, so I usually add the oil right away and start cooking once the pan is warm. I check this by sprinkling water onto the pan and looking for signs of a slight sizzle.
- Next, add the eggs and season it right in the pan with garlic powder, cayenne powder, salt and pepper. You can also pre-season the eggs in a separate bowl before adding to the pan, if that’s how you prefer it. I just like whatever is quickest and uses the least number of dishes. I hate washing dishes lol!
- Now add in the cooked rice and the can of peas and carrots. Mix everything together.
- Finally, add in the liquid soy seasoning and mix it in.
- Now that you have your fried rice dish cooked, wait for it to cool. Once cooled, take your meal prep containers and portion them out.
- Place in fridge and enjoy when you are ready. Recipe lasts 4 days.
These are the meal prep containers that I use: Rubbermaid Take Alongs 50-Piece Food Storage Container Set (Teal)
Alright so that was the dinner meal prep. I now have shared with you how to meal prep every meal for about a week. Meal prepping just makes life so much easier. Especially when it comes to sticking to your diet and budgeting your groceries for the week. Knowing exactly what you will be making, makes grocery shopping that much easier. Now you won’t be tempted to buy food outside of what you have planned to cook. If you try this recipe, let me know in the comments below!
p.s. and remember, no matter what stage you are at in your journey,